Saturday, July 6, 2013

The journey continues ...

Saturday July 6, 2013

After an eventful first few days we were ready for peace and family time.  Initially we had made plans to visit relatives in NB on our way to PEI.  After experiencing both fear and trust, we continued on our planned journey to visit cousin Tara.  

Laugh with me...we have a diesel truck with a previous small muffler leak. I wanted it fixed before our trip for smelly reasons. I thought the diesel sound couldn't get louder.  It can.  When Adam went to get it fixed last week,  they chose to replace it with a strait pipe rather than 4x the cost for a new muffler.  They said it wouldn't sound much different as it was diesel and they were right, except when you pull a 30 ft trailer.  We started the trip rumbling up a hill.  I looked at Adam and he knew what I was thinking,  I still needed to say it though.  "What on earth did you do to the muffler?"   We sound like an enormous "Mohnster Truck" driving anywhere.  Yes, I already called the muffler place to request an order for our correct muffler. When we return.  Anyway, pulling into a quiet community without being noticed is NOT possible.  They came to greet us with open arms.  So amazing, 25 years later, thats family.  Erin's boyfriend (Tara's daughter) thought the noise sounded great - not me. We parked the trailer there for the night and began our "memorable moments."

We were drained and dirty.  But life goes on and the kids needed a distraction.  Twenty five years ago or so I travelled to New Brunswick to visit cousins and family I barely knew.  I have such wonderful  memories.  Last week I messaged Aunt Heather and cousin Tara and was very happy to plan a time to reconnect on this this trip.  My children now have fond memories with Maritime relatives.  Fellowship and love, memory lane photos, trampoline, zip line, homemade food, early morning waffles and history lessons from a cousin... Are a few of the glimpses my children will remember for years to come.  Thank you SO much Tara, Duane, Erin and Lana (hope the names are spelled right!)  You are such a blessing.

I would like to say we have lots in common, as Tara is one to be admired and I am grateful to have spent time with her. I think our values and interest in our children defines us as mothers.  Nana always spoke highly of Tara, I know why.   She has opened her home to us again on the way home and the kids are pressing us to stop there again.  That shows how much they enjoyed their time.  We talked with Uncle Keith about education, as Adam and I didn't know he was a principal.  Aunt Heather shared stories and made a delicious chocolate zucchini cake. We asked about family stories and updates on relatives.  We again were so blessed.

Below are a few photos of their home, or as Adam says, the home and floor plans he has always wanted.  Wrap around porch, large gathering room, beautiful gardens, landscape...perfect!






No comments: